The Liebster Award
First I want to give a big thank you to the lovely Nicole from Probably Polka Dots for nominating me and my new blog for this awesome award. Just by knowing that someone thought enough of my blog to nominate it already makes me feel like a winner! =]
So, What is the Liebster Award?
According to Nicole, “The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcoming.”
The rules for the Liebster Award are…
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs!
11 Random Facts About Me!
1. Although I currently live in the great NYC I was actually born in Connecticut
2. Fall is my favorite season (apple picking, cider, pumpkin ice cream, cute scarves, how could you NOT love it!?)
3. I’m a sucker for a good book. Sometimes life in the city can be so crazy that I just need to snuggle up with a good book and a cup of tea ever now and then. (I am currently reading Chelsea Handler‘s books..SO FUNNY)
4. My favorite colors are green and yellow
5. I love trying new foods from around the world
6. I’m not the best cook, but I do love to bake so I will often spend hours on Pinterest trying to find new, delicious-looking recipes
7. I hope to one day be on Cash Cab (fingers crossed!)
10. My favorite movie is Romeo and Juliet (the 1996 version starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes and directed by Baz Luhrmann)
11. Although I enjoy going to the mall, I love strolling through thrift stores trying to find that perfect vintage piece to add to my closet.
My Answers to Nicole’s Questions:
1. What’s your favorite restaurant in your city? Out of all the hundreds of restaurants in NYC (granted, I have not had the opportunity to try them all) so far I would have to say my favorite is the Shake Shack! I love going there in the summertime to relax and grab a yummy ShackBurger or frozen custard.
2. What blog inspired you to finally start writing your own? There wasn’t one blog in particular that inspired me to start writing my own. I just grew up reading Vogue and other fashion magazines and knew that I wanted to share my thoughts on fashion as well as give other fashionistas a place to interact with each other.
3. What is one thing you’ve tried from Pinterest & it succeeded? I made these sugar cookies bars. They were amazing!
4. On the flip-side, what is one thing you’ve tried from Pinterest that was a complete fail? I tried to make pina colada cupcakes with a lime cream cheese frosting, but it was just a complete disaster haha
5. What is your dream career? I would love to work for Vogue magazine or maybe do PR work for a high-end fashion designer…pretty much anything that would allow me to travel and attend fashion shows! Haha
6. Admit it: What is your favorite guilty pleasure tv show? I am a big True Blood fan
7. What one color appears again and again in your home? I use pops of green in my apartment a lot
8. If you could splurge on one designer piece (fashion or furnishings), what would it be? Definitely something from Alexander McQueen like this emerald a-line dress.
9. Name your favorite vacation spot. Anywhere in the south =]
10. What is one new to you blog that you can’t get enough of? Besides Probably Polka Dots? I enjoy reading The Fashion Column..everyone should check them out!
11. Where is your #1 place to shop? Living in the city means I don’t have too much money to spend so I enjoy shopping at places like Forever 21, TJ Maxx or even Aeropostale (I got this cute leopard print infinity scarf from there!) where I can get trendy pieces at more affordable prices.
My 11 Questions for my Nominees:
- What was the last book you read?
- What was the last article of clothing you purchased and from what store?
- Chocolate or vanilla?
- Name your top 3 favorite songs on your ipod/iphone/whatever, haha
- Who in your life inspires you the most?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Are you Team Edward or Team Jacob?
- What is your favorite color to paint your nails?
- If you could give new bloggers (such as myself) any advice on how to create a successful blog what would it be?
- What fall fashion trend are you looking forward to the most?
- If you could steal any celebrity’s closet, who would it be?
Can’t wait to see your answers!